Dogs + Chocolate = You guessed it, BAD!

I bet just about everyone can agree they have at least one food sensitivity whether it’s an allergy or simply something that doesn’t sit the right way. So it would only be the correct assume that certain foods are a “no-go” for our dogs.

Even if you’re not a dog owner I’m sure you’ve been informed to never feed a dog chocolate. This is no myth. There is a compound in chocolate called theobromine which is the root cause and becomes a problem when it’s ingested between 100 – 150 milligrams per kilogram of body weight.

If you dog has consumed any substantial amount of chocolate, it’s important to watch your pet over a 24 hour period of time as the signs as sickness (such as passing large volumes of urine, ingesting large amounts of water, diarrhea, and/or vomiting) may not be visible until several hours have passed.

It’s also imperative, to restrain your dog from physical activity as theobromine may increase your dog’s heart rate or may cause the heart to beat irregularly.

To check out the other foods that you should keep away from your dogs visit Petalia.

 

No reviews yet.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.